Five days in New York City provided not only good entertainment, but quality inspiration on the two connecting flights back to San Jose (which I will never put myself through again, unless it’s a trip to Europe). The following are some observations, and an attempt at some Woody Allen humor:
Top Five Reasons Why Women in Manhattan are so Skinny
1. The humidity makes you drop 10 pounds every time you step outside your apartment.
2. With cigarette prices $13/pack, who can afford to eat? You can’t breathe anyway as a result of the humidity.
3. If you do have any leftover money, you can only carry two bags of groceries at a time on the subway from Trader Joe’s without feeling like your bones are about to shatter.
4. The apartments are so tiny in Manhattan that you need the extra space to move around in anyway.
5. You don’t want to be touching the big, sweaty guy’s leg next to you on the 6 train.
Reasons Why New York City is Better Than the South Bay
2. More free activities and interesting places to walk to
3. Public transportation system that doesn’t run every half hour, part of the day
4. Less homeless people
5. More nightlife/early “morninglife”
6. 24-hour convenience stores that sell anything from bananas at 2 a.m. to a churro
7. More jobs/better career opportunities
8. Better proximity to other major metropolitan areas i.e. Boston
9. Dogs of any size are allowed in tiny apartments, how comical